My Storybook Favorites

 The first storybook that I have deemed as one of my favorites is Animals of the Epics. I thought this storybook was very interesting because the style was so unique. The author is speaking directly to the reader. While this threw me off at first, it actually made reading the storybook much more interactive and enjoyable. I felt like I was apart of the story and not just reading it. I also liked how casual the writing was. I did not feel like I was reading some boring, formal book but instead felt like I was reading something that a friend wrote. I also thought that the focus on reincarnation and animals made the story come to life. Ultimately, this unique style really stood out to me and made me feel like I was in the story. 

The second storybook that I really enjoyed was Epic Cooking. I thought it was incredibly creative that the author of this storybook chose to relate each story to a food item, and then turned their storybook into a recipe book. I never would have thought of something so creative on my own. I think this is a very smart way to engage with the reader and provide them with something to take away from the storybook. The reader can learn about about all of these traditional stories through cooking, which combines two very different pastimes. I also think that the recipe book breaks up the reading so that instead of just telling story after story, the reader gets to enjoy these different recipes as well and relate them to each story. Ultimately, I think this is definitely my favorite storybook and has helped me to think more creatively in terms of my own project. 
                                                      



Finally, the third storybook that I enjoyed was Supernatural Women in Indian Epics. While this storybook was written more traditionally than the other two that I have mentioned, I really liked he focus on women in mythology. The author sheds light on how women are often overlooked by telling the heroic stories of these women. Although the design of the storybook may have not been as creative as the others, it was written well and kept my attention through the powerful topic. I am passionate about feminism and could see myself focusing on women for my own project as well. 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Carly the Future Counselor

The Cheetah and the Impala: Week 2 Story