Project Topic Brainstorm

I would definitely be interested in doing the topic, “Reincarnation”. I like this topic because it is a concept that has always been of interest to me. I know that the general idea of reincarnation is that after you die, your physical body is gone, but your soul lives on forever in other lives. I would like to read more stories and folktales about this because other than the simple definition, I do not have much knowledge of the concept. I could see myself retelling stories in the form of a short composition or a poem, using animals as my primary characters. 
I would also like to write about “Love Stories”. I have always been a fan of love stories and romanticism. My knowledge of love in Indian culture is rather small, but I am aware that it is quite different from modern love. Every culture has their own standards of love and what is accepted and what is not, and I would be interested in reading tales about how love is depicted in Indian culture. I could see myself retelling love stories in forms of a sonnet, or a poem, or even a play. I could tell fairytale like stories and use princesses and princes.
I am also very interested in the idea of “Karma”I do not believe in it myself, but I am very familiar with what it is and how it is used. I have always been intrigued by stories that contain life lessons or epiphanies, and stories that have this theme are one’s that I will enjoy. I enjoy storybooks and tales that include lessons. I am familiar that the Indian culture believes in the idea of Karma and I would be interested in reading tales that circulate around it. Narratives are the most useful form for me in retelling stories that contain this idea. I think I would use human characters for those stories.
The last project idea I would be interested in is, “Death Stories”. Although it sounds dark, I have always been very intrigued by the idea of death and the darkness that surrounds it. Reading other students' stories of dramatic deaths has encouraged me to try out this idea. I would also be interested
to see how the idea of death is relevant in the Indian culture because all cultures perceive it differently. There are so many powerful figures in this culture, and this idea seems to include many of them, so I could see myself learning about so many characters researching this topic.
                                                                            Wikimedia: Karma

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Carly the Future Counselor

The Cheetah and the Impala: Week 2 Story