Week 2 Reading Overview

 I have chosen to read Tiny Tales from the Ramayana. I chose this because I think it is really interesting that our teacher wrote it! In addition, I like that this is a new option for this semester. I love when things are switched up a bit and not just the exact same assignments each semester. I am also interested to see how it is the shortest option while still including more backstory and variations. 

The first comic book that caught my attention was Stories of Courage: Jataka Tales of Valour and Victory. I think it could be really interesting to read different stories of heroic acts. I also really like the illustration on the cover, which is was originally caught my eye. The second comic book that caught my attention was Sukanya: The Princess who Married a Sage. I really enjoy stories about princesses and goddesses and weddings. I also find the premise of the story interesting, how the princess marries the sage because of an injury she caused him. 

The first video that stood out to me was Harry Potter Meets Hindu Mythology, because I find it really interesting how a modern-day, popular movie and book series can be compared to a lot of these themes and symbolism that we are learning about. The second video that stood out to me was Rama and the Ramayana: Crash Course World Mythology because those crash course videos always help me to understand the topic very well. They are very thorough and provide plenty of examples to help the topic make sense. 

                Wikimedia: Jataka. I chose this image because it is an illustration from the Jataka tales. 
Wik

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Carly the Future Counselor

The Cheetah and the Impala: Week 2 Story